Report for Duty!
Students are introduced to the Asian longhorned beetle and how they can help by becoming Beetle Busters.
- Students will understand how the invasive ALB can have a large impact on their lives and their communities.
- Students will understand how, when, and where to search for the ALB (and the signs of its activity) and how to prevent the beetle from spreading to other communities.
- Students will understand how to mobilize their peers, family, and community members to search for, raise awareness about, and eradicate the ALB.
- Create the Wanted Wall. Designate a bulletin board or wall space, and label with the words "Wanted: ALB." Post local articles or other information about the ALB.
- Make Beetle Busters slips. See "What can I do to help?" (below) for sample phrases.
- Optional: For articles and videos on the ALB and how it came to the United States, check out Get Involved.
Activity details are on Page 8 of the PDF linked below.
- Bulletin board/wall space
- Public Service Announcement (PSA)/TV ad: under "Get Involved" at www.AsianLonghornedBeetle.com
- Classroom Poster
- Slips of paper
- Several relevant articles or other information about the ALB in your area or an area near you