New Recruits--Social Networking
The class will review ALB social media awareness campaigns already in progress and how they can contribute to them by engaging peers. Students then complete an activity where they assess their outdoor activities and how to incorporate ALB searches into them.
- Students will understand how the invasive ALB can have a large impact on their lives and their communities.
- Students will understand how, when, and where to search for the ALB (and the signs of its activity) and how to prevent the beetle from spreading to other communities.
- Students will understand how to mobilize their peers, family, and community members to search for, raise awareness about, and eradicate the ALB.
Review the ALB Facebook Page and Twitter profile.
The activity can be found on Page 28 of the PDF linked below.
- ALB Official Facebook Page
- ALB Official Twitter Profile
- Paper for personal action plans