Call to Action.
Students are introduced to the ALB and what it means to be a Beetle Buster Community Leader. The class creates a Wanted Wall with info about ALB from different sources, and students complete a writing activity describing why they are qualified and want to help stop the ALB.
- Students will understand how the invasive ALB can have a large impact on their lives and their communities.
- Students will understand how, when, and where to search for the ALB (and the signs of its activity) and how to prevent the beetle from spreading to other communities.
- Students will understand how to mobilize their peers, family, and community members to search for, raise awareness about, and eradicate the ALB.
- Create a Wanted Wall. Designate a bulletin board or wall space and label it with the words "Wanted:ALB." Post local articles or other information about the ALB.
- Optional: For articles and videos on the ALB and how it came to the United States, check out www.AsianLonghornedBeetle.com.
Activity is found on Page 19 of the linked PDF
- Classroom Poster
- PSA/TV ad: Under "Get Involved" at www.AsianLonghornedBeetle.com