New Recruits--Action Campaigns
The class will discuss how people obtain new information and will identify attributes of effective awareness and advertising campaigns. Students will then complete an activity in which they discuss Beetle Busters action campaign plans, target audiences for messaging, and their connections to important audiences.
- Students will understand how the invasive ALB can have a large impact on their lives and their communities.
- Students will understand how, when, and where to search for the ALB (and the signs of its activity) and how to prevent the beetle from spreading to other communities.
- Students will understand how to mobilize their peers, family, and community members to search for, raise awareness about, and eradicate the ALB.
- Make enough copies of the Beetle Busters Action Campaign Plan worksheet for student groups.
- Optional: Check out current Beetle Busters TV, radio, and print ads online.
The activity can be found on Page 26 of the PDF linked below.
- Beetle Buster campaign messages on the Web site
- Beetle Busters Action Campaign Plan Worksheet (see p. 29)
- Paper for "Outreach Webs"